Back Office Integration
A back office is a part of most companies where tasks dedicated to running the company itself take place. Although the operations of a back office are usually not given a lot of consideration, they are a major contributor to a business.
Normally an automated set of processes run by a piece of software on your computer, a back-office system, will:
- Record all sales transactions
- Record all purchases
- Update inventory records accordingly
- Generate all appropriate paperwork – i.e. invoices and receipts
Many back office systems can also carry shipping information and can produce reports that are invaluable for monitoring business performance and predicting future trends
Fully Integrated Systems
In practical terms, integration means connecting your online e-commerce system with your back-office accounts and database systems. This means that whenever a customer places an order online, your web store and back office deal with the sale as one.
The online system accepts the order and then relays all this information back to the customer, while the back office records the transaction, adjusts inventory levels, generates an invoice and fulfils the order.
The benefits of complete integration include:
- Customer Service is greatly improved.
- Response Times are reduced.
- Enhanced Capacity through increased automation allows you to deal with larger volumes of business.
- Reduced Costs in the medium and long term
- Improved Accuracy with web store and back-office accessing the same data the chances of errors are greatly reduced
Please contact us to discuss how we can help improve your company’s efficiency.